The Authentic Design exists to support the integrity of original, authentic design.
We are an association of like minded design businesses and individuals, with membership open to those who share our beliefs.
The ADA believes that:
- both our design heritage and our creative design future rest upon the support of designers’ original work;
- original design is an investment;
- originals are manufactured by licensed factories producing high quality work supported by warranties;
- the manufacture of authentic design by licensed companies ensures best practice in areas of sustainability and fair working conditions for workers;
- support of authentic design is an ethical, practical and aesthetic decision which shows respect to the designer;
- the innovative design leap grows from inspired creativity through entrepreneurial financial investment, research and development, production and marketing processes. This investment cycle needs protection from copies as not all products become financially successful bestsellers or classics.
The Authentic Design supports design talent and the moral rights of the designer to royalties from the sale of original work. It believes that without protection of original design, investment will dry up.