Are you thinking about giving your home or commercial space a makeover but are a bit overwhelmed with where to start? Don’t worry, this article gives you an idea of what you have to do to create a new and stylish design for the space of your choice. While hiring an expert in interior design Sydney is definitely an option, there are some things you have to decide on your own first.
Create A Vision By Doing A Walk Around
Before you are starting a new interior design project, you need to figure out what style you are after and which parts of the available space you want to redesign. In order to become clear about your style and vision for your space, it can help to plan a walk around through the area you have chosen. It can be difficult to get the feel for your space if you haven’t explored it before, so it can be worth it to plan your walk around. Here are some tips on how to get the most of your tour:
- Plan your route as you go through the various rooms and areas in your home so you will be able to see what you are looking for.
- Take your time when you are planning your walk around. Take breaks every once in a while so you don’t get too distracted by all the different aspects of your space. If you are planning to do a whole house tour, take a tour of each room to see how everything looks together. This is often an eye-opening experience.
- It is also important to make notes of any items you find that need to be changed or removed. Things that might not seem very important to you at first but you might want to consider later on.
- Another very important part of the walk around is to check to see if there are any areas where you have to leave some extra space. For instance, if you have a wall, take a look around the space between the wall and the other walls. There are often places that need to be left empty so you can move furniture to. This will free up some extra floor space that you need.
Finding The Right Interior Designer For You
Once you have created a vision and figured out which areas and items you want to change, it is time to get in touch with a professional. Experts in the field of interior design know many tips and tricks on how to implement your vision into reality and can help you find the most suitable items. But how can you find the right interior designer in Sydney that understands your personal needs? There are a few things you should take into account when looking for the right company or person:
- Do some research and look through different portfolios online. Like that you can find companies that suit the style of your vision that you want to realise.
- Ask your friends and family for a referral, do you know anyone whose house or office design catches your eye? Ask them for their best interior designer in Sydney.
- You should definitely ask for an initial consultation on how to best design your available space. Don’t be afraid to talk about your ideas and visions, it is important to share everything that is on your mind. Only after an initial consultation, you know whether you can see yourself working together with the company or not.
- Organise a meeting in person rather than a consultation over the phone. Personal chemistry is really important when it comes to hiring an interior designer, as, especially designing your home, can be quite an intimate topic.
- Request a quote and discuss possible expenses of the designing process. Some companies tend to give you vague answers and charge a fortune after their work is finished. To avoid this inconvenience, make sure you get a clear picture of what to expect financially.
If you take all of these points into account when looking for your interior designer in Sydney, you have the best chances of finding the right one for you. Some companies like Dovetail Design, for instance, developed a great reputation in the industry and are known for their professionalism and unique style.